Liver resection using Erbe hybrid technology
Hydrosurgery has been successfully used in medicine for many years.
Tissue structures are dissected selectively and gently by hydro
dissection. Blood vessels and bile ducts remain intact, up to a certain
Thereafter, vessels may be treated according to their size.
We will be offering you the opportunity to acquaint yourself with
the hydro dissection technique in liver surgery by working on animal
model. International participants and tutors will benefit from exchange
The number of participants is limited to 12 doctors. For the hands-on sessions we are offering four workstations to allow intensive learning.
The course will be held in English.
We look forward to welcoming you in Wendisch-Rietz, close to Berlin!
9 September 2018
- 7.30 pm Arrival and welcome dinner
10 September 2018
- 8.00 am Welcome & overview
- 8.10 am Introduction: Erbe hybrid technology and its use in liver surgery
- 8.35 am Use of waterjet in liver surgery – indications, scientific relevance, tips & tricks for open surgery Prof. Dr. Mikhail Efanov MD, PhD, Lomonosov Moscow University, Russia
- 9.10 am How I do it – advantages, tips & tricks for laparoscopic liver surgery Sean P. Cleary BScH, MD, MSc, MPH, FRSC, Mayo-Clinic Rochester, USA
- 9.50 am Ethics and animal protection, Dr. Haiko Ziervogel, Medizin im Grünen
- 10.05 am Coffee break
- 10.20 am Hands-on training on organ models
- 11.30 am Hands-on Training on anaesthetized animal models - Part 1 (open and laparoscopic)
- 1.00 pm Lunch break
- 1.45 pm Hands-on Training on anaesthetized animal models - Part 2 (open and laparoscopic)
- 4.00 pm Final discussion & farewell
c/o HCx Consulting GmbH
15864 Wendisch Rietz
By plane: Berlin-Tegel or Berlin Schoenefeld
- Airport Berlin Tegel to hotel: ca. 1,5h
- Airport Berlin Schönefeld to hotel: ca. 1h
Please consider these information by flight booking.
- Berlin Hauptbahnhof
- Berlin Ostbahnhof
- Wendisch Rietz Bahnhof